to the Third Edition of
Major changes and additions:
- The topic of microcontroller programming
and interfacing has been expanded and integrated more throughout the book.
threaded design examples appear throughout the book. The designs are presented
incrementally as pertinent material is covered in the book.
- A new, detailed
case study, involving myoelectyric control of a robotic arm, has been added.
icons are included throughout the book marking cross-references to extensive online
resources including video demonstrations, MathCAD examples, laboratory exercises,
and Internet links to useful information.
- The book website has been expanded
and improved and is now closely integrated with the textbook.
- The data
acquisition chapter has been expanded and modernized, and it includes a brief
introduction to LabView.
- A new section introduces control theory and its
application to mechatronic systems.
- A supplemental laboratory manual with
exercises is now available and coordinated with textbook material.
- Corrected all errors found in the second edition.
Improved wording and descriptions throughout the book.
- Expanded the introduction
to mechatronic systems by including and discussing photographs and video clips
of various examples.
- Added labeled photographs of actual components throughout
- Added more end-of-chapter questions throughout the book.
and improved the design procedure for microcontroller-based system design.