to the Second Edition of
Major changes and additions:
- Added new chapter on microcontroller
programming and interfacing.
- Added information on digital CMOS devices
and how to interface TTL and CMOS devices in Ch. 6.
- Expanded coverage
of MOSFETs in Ch. 3.
- Added end-of-chapter questions throughout the book
and categorized them according to section.
- Added a mechatronics system
figure to Ch. 1 (with description) and to the beginning of each chapter highlighting
the topics being covered.
all errors found in the first edition.
- Improved wording and descriptions
throughout the book.
- Improved organization of sections and subsections
- Added more Class Discussion Items throughout the book.
Added figures and a description of SAW devices in the MEMs section of Ch. 8.
Added a thorough combinational logic example to Ch. 6.
- Now describe totem
pole vs. open collector vs. tristate outputs, and source and sink currents in
- Added discussion and details for the coin counter case study in
- Added an astable pulse train generator to the 555 Timer section
in Ch. 6.
- Improved the explanation of input and output signals as related
to spectra and frequency response in Ch. 4.
- Added a description of open
collector outputs to the comparator section in Ch. 5.
- Added brief description
of PALs, PLAs, and ASICs in Ch. 10.